North Brewing Co was founded in 2015 by John Gyngell and Christian Townsley, the pioneers behind legendary Leeds beer venue North Bar, which opened in 1997. Known as “the first craft beer bar in Britain"�, North Bar influenced a new wave of modern beer bars and breweries across the country, including their own.
In 2015 they turned their 10-year dream of making their own beer into a reality by opening a 15bbl brewery, featuring a 200-person capacity tap room, just half a mile from their original flagship North Bar in Leeds.
The core range and seasonal specials epitomise what they look for in beer: big juicy flavours with tonnes of hops; fun, playful and interesting flavour combinations; classics that demonstrate an uncompromising approach to quality.
The brewery has worked with some of the best breweries in the world, collaborating with the likes of Lervig Ã˜l (Norway), Dry & Bitter (Denmark), Basqueland Brewing Project (ESP), Het Uiltje (NL), De Molen (NL), Other Half and Finback (USA), Magic Rock, BrewDog, Verdant, Thornbridge, Track Brewing and Wylam Brewery (UK).
In just two years North Brewing Company has received both national and international recognition.
- Voted Overall Keg Champion Beer"„¢ at the SIBA Independent Beer Awards in 2018
- Named Best Brewery Pub Company"„¢ at The Publican Awards in 2017 and 2018
- Voted Best UK IPA in 2017"„¢ in the Imbibe IPA Challenge"„¢ for Transmission
- Awarded Best New Brewery"„¢ in West Yorkshire in the Rate Beer Awards 2017
- Awarded Business Innovation"„¢ category at the SIBA Business Awards 2018
- Winner of Best Branding and Design"„¢ at The Beer and Cider Marketing Awards 2018
A Kolsch style beer, this is a hybrid of Lager and Ale. Fermented with genuine Kolsch yeast at ale temperatures, then lagered for 3 weeks. They then added a little twist by drop hopping it with German Tettnang hops. Crips and refresing with a hoppy fruitiness